Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Nursery Pics--After

We still have some minor final touches to the room but for the most part the room is DONE! Here are the after pics!!! 

Joel carefully putting up the decal

We got this dresser as a gift from my grandfather from Leon's. I found the shelf, aqua frame & silver bird from Winners Homesense. The silver owl is actually a tea light holder from Stokes and the little silver cup was Joel's baby gift from his godparents. The tear drop humidifier is from Babies R Us. The little plaque with the owl on it is actually from the hospital gift shop (I work at the hospital and find neat things there sometimes!!). The little white owl is a thrift store find from Joel's mom, and the crocheted owl was made by my sister-in-law. The frames are actually from the dollar store & our video monitor (a gift from my mom) you can find here.  

The aqua hamper that you can kind of see by the side of the dresser is from Walmart, I scored this for $10 because they couldn't find a price on it... turns out it's really $20!

These frames are also from the dollar store and are filled with free printables I found on the web, and our maternity pics! The change table was a gift from my grandmother and can be found on the Sears website. The baskets were purchased at Michael's. The changing pad cover was made by a friend of mine using aqua chevron fabric from fabric.com. 

I LOVE paper lanterns. I think they make everything look so magical... I knew I had to have them in the room! I got them online from justartifacts.net which is the cheapest place to get them that I have found. They ship really quickly too! The curtains were made by my friend with the fabric from fabric.com. They are one of my favorite things in the room, I love how they turned out! Mr Owl (I named him Hootie) is from Pier 1 imports, I love him! The side table we found on Amazon.  

This is my favorite part of the nursery... the tree decal! This is one of the first things I decided I wanted but I didn't expect to pick one so big. After looking online at etsy.com for a LONG time, I decided to get the huge one because the wall is so big and empty and perfect for it! Choosing the colors for it was also stressful, but it turned out exactly how I wanted it to! This decal is why we decided to incorporate owls and birds into the room since we originally wanted an elephant theme. The aqua crib sheet is Aden & Anais and is amazingly soft... I would not have gotten this if it wasn't for an online sale since they are usually way over priced. The crib is a gift from my grandmother and can be found on the Sears website. When the baby is born and we are sure of the name/gender we will be hanging a name banner between the two trees. We also plan to add color depending on whether it is a girl or boy. We are thinking purple for girl, and orange for boy. Right now, this is perfectly neutral and calm the way we wanted it. 

These baskets were almost too perfect for the room and I found them at Winners of course ;) Turns out they have some teal ones now too... shoot! 

These letters were purchased from Michael's craft store and I painted them with acrylic paint. We weren't sure how we were going to hang them since they were nearly impossible to hang with a nail. One day I got the idea to hang ribbon from them and hang them from a nail that way... and I think it looks better this way! There will be three white shelves on the wall under the letters for all the books this baby has collected already!! We got inspiration for the shelves here.




The room turned out better than I had imagined and I am so happy with it! It was worth all the effort and time and endless wandering in stores to find matching decor :) Luckily for me owls are very popular right now, and teal/aqua was the color of the summer in stores! 

I hope the baby likes it as much as we do. We find ourselves sometimes wandering down the hall just to walk in and look at it because it is by far the BEST room in the house right now!! 

TEN days until our due date........... cross your fingers for an easy/quick labor for me! :)

UPDATE (2014): Here are some of the final touches we added to the room to complete my vision! 








2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your nursery~! Can you tell me where you got all the wall decor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this took me so long to reply.. I just seen the comment now! I ordered the wall decal (the tree/birds/owls) from etsy.com (I think the company was limedecals). I ordered the paper lanterns from justartifacts.net. Does that answer your question? :)

      Delete